Friday, October 2, 2009

the DANIEL WIENBERG GALLERY


Here in Los Angeles, located in the Mid Wilshire District, is a living treasure. Set back far from the street sharing space with other fine galleries is the space that belongs to Daniel Weinberg.

I worked for Mr. Weinberg while in graduate school in his San Fransisco location. I have stayed in touch him over the years and have grown to respect not only his incredible eye and skilled curating but also his kind heart.
I am never disappointed when I attend one of his openings. His artist are talented, intelligent and come from all over the world. I like to chat with Daniel about the art world, politics etc.But I learn so much from him simply by witnessing his shows.
The layouts are always sparse and well thought out. One piece compliments the other perfectly. If there is an "argument" or "noise" between pieces, it's on purpose. I have notice that it's always quiet in the gallery, this is not an accident. People do hold lively discussions...but somehow the instinctively know to take them outside. I hope to experience his genius for many years to come.
If you haven't, you should.

No comments:

Post a Comment